Saw Palmetto, tincture - 4oz (118.3ml)
Common names: Sabal, Sabal SerrulataPlant Description: Saw Palmetto, native to Florida and surrounding areas of the United States, is a low-growing small palm tree with fanlike, fingery fronds and small berry-shpaed fruits. This plant grows about 6-10 feet high and forms what is called the 'palmetto scrub.' Large leaves form a crown, and it bears deep reddish-brown oblong-ovoid fruit. The fruit is slightly wrinkled and contains one hard seed.
Dosage: 30-60 drops in water or juice, 2-3 times daily or as needed. Shake well before using.Cautions & Interactions: Keep out of reach of children.
Efficacy Studies & Other Clinical Data:
- Saw palmetto and prostatic hypertrophy
- Ohio State University Extension Fact Sheet - Saw Palmetto
- Pro Health Network.com - A Medical Expert on the Efficacy of Saw Palmetto
- Med Health International - Saw Palmetto & Benign Prostate Disease
- Efficacy of Saw Palmetto Extract in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Saw Palmetto treats enlarged prostate symptoms in new controlled study
Disclaimer (U.S. Only): These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease.