Wild Yam Root, tincture - 2oz (59.15ml)
Common names: Yam, Wild Yam, Dioscorea, Colic Root, Rheumatism Root, Wilde YamwurzelPlant Description: Wild Yam is a perennial, twining vine found in the United States in Florida, Texas, and north to Rhode Island and Minnesota. Its knotty, contorted, reddish-brown stem can grow as long as 18 feet. The slender, ligneous root-stock is twisted, crooked, and laterally branched. The leaves of the Wild Yam are ovate and cordate, 2-6 inches long, with a soft fuzz underneath the somewhat thick and glabrous upper surface. Around June and July, Wild Yam blooms with greenish-yellow flowers drooping in panacles. It's fruit is winged seeds encompassed by a capsule.
Dosage: 30-60 drops in water or juice, 2-3 times daily or as needed. Shake well before using.
Cautions & Interactions: Keep out of reach of children.Efficacy Studies & Other Clinical Data:
- Health and Age Information on Wild Yam
- Alternative Therapies for Reducing Hot Flashes in Patients
- Menopause Online - Wild Yam
- Baby Zone - Wild Yam Root & Fertility
- Nutritional and Herbal Supplements Used for Menopausal Symptoms